Proper dishwashing practices allow continuous workflow in the kitchen and ensure safe food handling. A smooth-running dish room equals increased productivity, especially in a commercial setting. It allows the kitchen staff to focus on other critical tasks as dishwashers take care of the dishes.
At the Appliance Guys, we have a combination of effective machines and practices for proper dish room operation. Check this website to see our fully integrated dishwashers that clean dishes for you quickly and effectively. To have a streamlined dishwashing process, consider the following;
Pre-scrape the Dishes First.
Scraping your dishes helps water and energy conservation since you will not need to run a power cycle to eliminate the food bits. Scraping also helps to keep your dishwasher clean for a long time.
You should do scrapping just before putting the dishes inside the dishwasher. Most of the time, you will have heavily soiled dishes, and to remove the stuck food particles, you will need to put the dishes under running water. The scrapping process allows for effective cleaning, reducing the chances of re-washing.
Clean the Dishwasher Daily
Daily cleaning of the dishwasher prevents foul odors, and most importantly, it prevents contamination. Most people abuse commercial dishwashers by putting piles of dishes in them without cleaning them later.
You need to note that gunk and grime buildup accumulates quickly inside the dishwasher if you do not clean it thoroughly every day. Also, food particles may stick on the wash arms and make the dishwasher ineffective. Always use warm water and soap to clean it up to dislodge the stuck food bits.
Know the Exact Capacity of the Dishwasher
Avoid overloading the dishwasher to maintain its efficiency. The fact that commercial dishwashers allow heavy usage does not mean you shove all soiled dishes into it. A dishwasher can only handle a specific capacity without compromising on its effectiveness.
Check the manufacturer’s guidelines to know the place settings your machine can hold. If your dishes are too many, wash the rest by hand as the dishwasher is handling the others so that you can save time.
Store your Clean Dishes Correctly.
Storing the dishes well ensures that you don’t introduce contamination after sanitizing them. Leave all the clean dishes in an open place to air dry instead of wiping them down with a cloth to dry them, so they don’t get contaminated.
You should also avoid stacking them together when they are wet for the same reason. Always have the right water rinse temperature to speed up the process. Ensure the rinse arms are not blocked, and the rinse aid container is functioning properly.
What are the Dishwasher Safety Tips?
- Practice dishwasher safety tips to avoid unnecessary harm or injury when operating in the dish room.
- Mixing dishwashing detergent with different cleaning chemicals is dangerous as it can emit harmful fumes, which could cause respiratory problems.
- When placing sharp knives and forks inside the cutlery basket, put the sharp end down to prevent any injury as you get the utensils out of the dishwasher.
- Always keep dishwashing detergents and other cleaning chemicals away from all ingredients and food.
- Place the glassware gently to avoid breaking or chipping. During the wash cycle, the dishes should stay consistent with each other. Handling chipped or broken glassware is risky as it pierces or cuts your skin while placing them inside the dishwasher.
- Keep the dishwasher door always closed after loading and unloading the dishes so that people do not trip over them.
- Allow the dishwasher to cool off after cleaning it before you attempt to drain it because the water in it can still be hot and burn you.
- Review the owner’s manual to get guidance on operating the dishwasher’s modes and features.
- Check the dishwasher plugs and sockets regularly to identify if there are any burn marks. If the dishwasher is too hot, get an experienced technician to repair it.
- Check if the dish racks have wear and tear, and find out if they have cracks or if their paint is chipping off so that you can replace them to enhance their effectiveness in dish holding.
- When storing the dishwashing detergent, use its original container and never reuse the containers when their labels remain intact.
Always practice proper dishwashing alongside dishwasher safety to enhance food sanitation, as it is a priority in our homes and commercial kitchens. Our team is ready to offer you world-class services and trusted advice for your home or business.