Are you ready to get clear and glowing skin? If yes, then I have a simple face mask made up of nimboo turmeric powder, that you can literally prepare with the ingredients from your kitchen right now. This face mask helps to soothe, calm, cleanse and treat your skin while improving your complexion by reducing the damage done by our sun god.
Although you have taken the hint from the title of this blog, I will still mention the fact that this face mask contains one of the most powerful ingredients of all time, turmeric. It is a very commonly used Indian spice that has helped us make our food tastier and good looking from ages. Not only for the cuisines, it has also been given a respected spot in Ayurveda where it has helped heal us from inside in the best possible way.
Now, let us come to the part we are doing this for, skin care. Organic Turmeric powder has been used in skin care for thousands of years and even now, you will find multiple products which claim to have packed its benefits in their products.
Why go with the commercial products when it can be sourced and used so easily?
Let us look at this simple face mask recipe that claims to give you the skin of your dreams.
What does curcumin do?
Turmeric has an active ingredient called cucumin which is packed with powerful antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties and anti-bacterial properties. These properties help your skin fight against infections and help heal wounds faster while keeping your skin calm.
We will add honey to our face mask too, which is extremely helpful in keeping our skin moisturised while contributing to the healing benefits.
The last ingredient we will use is lemon which is again very popular in the skin care industry. Since it is rich in Vitamin C, it helps our skin from collagen and fight ageing of it to keep our appearance younger for a long time.
2 tsp set honey
Juice from half a lemon
¼ tsp turmeric
Let us club these ingredients together to create a paste that can sit on your skin without running here and there. Once you have a paste ready, follow these simple steps to get the best looking skin in the world.
- Do a patch test at least 24 hours before you want to use it to learn about any kind of allergies you might have from these ingredients.
- Pull your hair away from your face and secure it with a hairband.
- Wrap a towel around your shoulder to avoid any kind of accidents because turmeric can be a really stubborn guest on the clothes.
- Apply this face mask using clean fingers or a brush to your face and neck.
- Leave this face mask on for 10 minutes or till your face starts to feel tight.
- Take a damp cotton wool or a face cloth and remove this face mask gently.
- Once cleaned, wash your face with water.
- You can apply some aloe vera gel at the end to complete the process.
First of all, remember that turmeric can stain your skin. Though temporary, you do not want to go out looking yellow so ensure to use it way too before you have to go someplace important and do not leave it on for more than the recommended time. However, if you happen to have made the mistake already, you can wipe your face clean with cotton wool soaked in olive oil.
Share this article with people who need to start looking after their skin.