Caregivers must prioritize the physical and mental health of the child. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle helps the child achieve milestones on time. Parents and caregivers who notice their children being underweight should discuss their dietary habits with a competent and reliable nutritionist in Lahore.
Some children are picky eaters, which can cause malnourishment. It is beneficial to come up with creative ideas to help the child consume food and fulfill their nutritional needs. The healthy breakfast ideas for children are:
- Fruit Bowl with Yogurt: Children who refuse to drink milk in the morning can have yogurt. It contains calcium and probiotics to boost the immune system. Additionally, fruits and granola add color to the bowl. It attracts the child and fulfills the nutritional needs of the body. It provides energy. Hence, caregivers can include fruit bowls in their daily diet.
- Vegetable and Egg Muffin: Caregivers can add vegetables to the egg muffin. It is a creative idea to help the child eat breakfast.
- French Toast with Berries: Caregivers who feel their child will need the energy to manage physical activities at school should prepare a heavy breakfast. Use whole grain bread to prepare the French toast and add fruits and nuts as toppings. It allows the child to remain fascinated while consuming breakfast.
- Oats: Oats contain fiber, proteins, carbohydrates, and fats that enable the child to remain active throughout the day. Parents can prepare overnight oats by adding milk, honey, and chia seed. Add the favorite toppings of the child. It is a complete meal and fulfills the nutritional requirements of the child.
- Blueberry Mug Muffin: Blueberries are tasty, colorful, and packed with antioxidants. The caregivers who notice their child is a picky eater should try preparing a blueberry mug muffin. Add flour, honey, egg, nuts, blueberries, milk, and oil. Microwave for 90 seconds and add the favorite toppings of the child. It is a healthy breakfast idea for children under However, caregivers must avoid preparing blueberry mug muffins daily as it can lead to obesity and related complications.
- Banana and Chocolate Smoothie: Children who avoid eating meals are at a higher risk of suffering from malnourishment. Caregivers must prepare smoothies to prevent complications. Fruits and vegetables are healthy options for individuals to maintain bodily functions. Add bananas, yogurt, and cocoa powder and blend. Add chocolate syrup to enhance the taste and color. The child will show interest and will be unaware of the fruits in the smoothie.
- Nuts and Strawberry Smoothie: Frozen strawberries with nuts and milk taste amazing. Caregivers should prepare the smoothie using almond milk to enhance its flavor and nutritional value.
- Baked Apples with Cinnamon: Apples are low-calorie fruits. However, it fulfills most of the nutritional needs of the body. Therefore, adding apples to the daily diet is proven effective in enhancing physical health and avoiding complications. Children may not feel comfortable eating apples daily. The caregiver should slice apples, add cinnamon, and bake. Lastly, add yogurt and give it as breakfast. The sweetened taste will fascinate the child.
- Avocado Toast: The whole grain toast, avocados, and cucumbers are a complete meal for the child. If the child gets bored with the same breakfast. The caregiver must cut different shapes of the bread to reinforce the child to eat their meal.
Breakfast is an important meal of the day. It provides energy to carry out activities throughout the day. Caregivers must prioritize the breakfast of the child. If they struggle to manage the diet of the child, they must consult a nutritionist in Islamabad. The specialist will help the caregivers make relevant changes to help meet the nutritional needs of the child.